Sunday, December 4, 2011

Junque Food & Junque Pile

Greetings from the Micro Mini Ranch...or, as we wont to call it lately, Kitty Thunderdome. We have one cat that is beating up on another one, and the one that's getting his tail kicked (or bitten as the case may be), is too nice to beat back. He's not a wimp. I prefer to think of him as a gentleman.  I currently have 5 cats, four males and a female. We've determined that female is biting the tail of one of the guys. We aren't sure if he's provoking it, or if she's just being a drama princess. Anyway, things came to a head (or a tail, what have you) this past Friday night during dinner.  The poor guy's tail was bitten pretty bad. We've been watching him like a hawk. Cleaning it, trying to keep the puncture wounds open so they don't fester under the skin. I also have some left over antibiotics from another cat that I'm giving to him as a preventative measure.  He seems to be rebounding fast.

Can't we all just get along???

Anywhoo...My mother and I are working on a beef stroganoff recipe for the crockpot.  We'll see how this first version comes out, and if we like it, I'll be sharing it here.

In the meantime, Holiday decorations continue to be put up here and there. The tree is up in the living room, but I don't have any lights in the window's yet.  Today, I dug out my Christmas themed potholders and oven mitts, and some kitchen towels and put them up in the kitchen.  It's slowly but surely looking a little like Christmas around here  :)

I'm also getting the week's worth of breakfasts ready.  Crust-less mini quiches from the South Beach Diet Boo

k are on the menu this time.  Basically, it's eggs (or egg whites), a little bit of cheese, as much veggies as you have or want, spices, etc, and pour into muffin tins and bake for 30 mins until they are puffy and cooked through. this week's quiches will have broccoli, red pepper, green onion, and mozzarella cheese.  I generally eat 2 for breakfast, and I always throw some Louisiana Hot Sauce or Srichacha sauce on them! MMMmmm!



I love this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment