I was sitting here NOMming on some of our leftover T-day stuffing and gravy, and just loving it. And I thought, "Aw heck, I'll share it with you guys." 'Cause I love you, and everything.
This is my Mom's recipe. She got it out of a magazine about a 100 years ago, but it's devolved into this very easy recipe, but it's perfect as it. I really doesn't need any fanciness to it.
Mom's Famous Stuffing Recipe
Ø 1 tube of breakfast sausage defrosted
Ø 1 package of Brownberry Sage and Onion bread cubes
Ø 1 large onion diced
Ø several stalks of celery diced
Ø a bunch of pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped
Ø Chicken broth
1. Crumble and brown the sausage
2. Transfer sausage out of pan, and brown onion and celery
3. In a large baking dish combine bread cubes, sausage, celery, onion, & pistachios
4. Pour chicken broth until bread is moistened
5. Top off with a little bit of milk
6. Bake for just under an hour at 325f, or when the top of stuffing is brown and crunchy
Wednesday, I browned the sausage, onions, and celery. Then I put it all in the fridge to wait for the next day's mixing with the bread, nuts, and liquids. Since space was at a premium in my oven, we cooked it in a Nesco, and it came out beautifully.
Actually, we made a double batch, and froze half of it, omitting the liquids. Now I get to have my favorite stuffing sometime in the near future, too!