Sunday, June 10, 2012

Junque Yard, things are plodding along....

I keep buying plants and  not planting them. It's a sickness, I know.

I've got a sugar snap pea seedling that I bought 3 weeks ago, that I haven't potted yet. Most people are already harvesting their sugar snap peas, and my poor lil guy is just sitting in this blister pack, looking at me forlornly.

I also bought a chocolate mint plant and a pineapple sage plant, mostly for their smell (they do give me quite a boost) and I haven't potted either, either.

yesterday, I bought a few annuals to put in the flower garden. Mostly verbenas.  I just watered the gardens in preperation for the hot day ahead, and weeding at the sun allows. I figure once the majoirty of the water has soaked in, I'll go plant those flowers.

yeah, right.

I've been meaning to plant pumpkins and some summer melon seeds I have, and I haven't done that yet either.

I thought my strawberries were doing gangbusters...tons of berries and foliage, so much so, I couldn't see the soil underneath the plants, until earlier this week, when it was pointed out to me that the majority of the leaves were weeds, and they were choking out the strawberries in a big bad way.

I suck.

But you know what?

I'm still having a blast.

Even though I still have to take it easy (my back is still pretty fragile), I'm at least doing it. Doing what I can. And I can still get my zen on, earbuds in place- listening to podcasts - while I weed and tend things around here.

Now if I could just hire a maid to clean inside while I'm outside, life would be golden.

heh.

Happy Summer, y'all....


No comments:

Post a Comment