Sunday, June 9, 2013

Return of the Junque

It's been almost 6 months since I've posted. I constantly have ideas to write about, and they are all stored in my brain, but I haven't been getting them out at all lately in favor of learning.

During this past winter, I've studying and researching lots of stuff. Most of it health related, like I've become fascinated by essential oils for healthy and beauty. Also learning more about herbs in applications not just for cooking, but how they can add health and heal the body.

I  hated to be the person that learns something new and shiny and passes it on immediately without knowing how the results work. I mean, I could always preface it by saying, "This looks fascinating!" and let you make your own choices. And if you follow me on FaceBook, you see me do that all the time, but I just felt that I should sit back, reflect on findings, tweak stuff, etc, before just putting it out there.

However, with the weather (finally) turning warmer (it was a long, cold winter followed by a long, cold, RAINY spring), and me up to my elbows in soil and garden projects, again, I find myself neglecting this blog that while small, is still dear to me, and I need to force myself to share again.  :)

it doesn't help that in the past I've trained myself to get up early and blog during the wee hours, outside with my cup of coffee while the birds chirp.  That's impossible during half of the year here in the midwest, so I need to train myself to write inside like a normal person if I ever plan on being consistent. Which, if you know me, is tenuous at best.

Here's a teaser of some of the stuff I want to write up in the near future:

  • Updates on the No-Poo experiment.  If I can get a comment from the ladies that did the original with me, I break my nose attempting an cartwheel of joy!
  • My very favorite Rosemary Hair Rinse that I talk so much about that some of my friends want to strangle me when open my mouth about it.
  • My extremely long-term experiment in going off commercial deodorant, and how I kept people from running away from me while I was detoxing.
  • How I figured out that essential oils aren't just for smelling, and what I really do with them.
  • My gardens, and what I've done around here lately to turn my Junk yard into a Junque yard.
  • As always, recipes for meals that I love.
  • Getting rid of commercial cleaners, and my deep, abiding love of one cleaning agent that won't turn the world into a mess.

...and much, much more.


So if you see me futzing around on Face Book, you have my permission to yell at me to, "GO BLOG, YOU LAZY BITCH!"

LOL.

Here's a snazzy pic of one of the irises from my garden. Pretty cool, huh?

1 comment: