Saturday, October 1, 2011

More Musings from the Junque-pile

Another Saturday update. I wish I had more exciting things to tell you, but it's all pretty mundane here at the micro-mini ranch.

Our household grew by 3: my mother has come to live with us, bring her two cats to add to the herd. They are integrating pretty well. One is a special needs cat who spends most of his time in the basement. But he's coming up for meals. Buddy was picked on as a kitten, and we were worried that he might be picked on here, but he's pretty good at hissing to keep the other cats away. His disability is hard to describe. He's got extremely enlongated hind legs, and as a result, he walks with his lower legs on the ground, much like a rabbit. His joints don't seem to hold up his back end very well, and as a result, he stumbles and falls over a lot. I swear I'm going to shoot video of him walking and going down the stairs. He's very endearing, though, and has a pretty sweet personality - to humans, anyway. 

The house is a wreck with boxes and bags. We will be slowly but surely finding places to put Mom's stuff in the coming weeks.

Much as I didn't want it, Autumn is here. There is a definitely nip in the air. Trees are starting to show their final colors, but they don't seem to be in a hurry. Partial reds and oranges mixed in with greens. it's all very pretty.

I go for my hand surgery next week. Here's hoping that it's successful, and that I'll be on the road to recovery long before the holidays start. Otherwise I might go mad from inactivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment